The Company: AMETEK Surface Vision
AMETEK (AME) Surface Vision has over 20 years of experience in the field of web and surface inspection applications, with more installations on more lines than any other surface inspection company. In fact, in 1991, AMETEK Surface Vision was the first to offer grayscale imaging on high-speed web processes, nearly a decade before any competitor. More companies guarantee their quality with AMETEK Surface Vision inspection systems than any other surface inspection solution in the world.
The Team: AMETEK Surface Vision
This position is a member of the AMETEK Surface Vision team, which engineers and commissions sophisticated surface inspection and web monitoring systems to the global marketplace. These systems are used to inspect, detect, classify and monitor processes for quality irregularities real time at critical steps in high speed continuous manufacturing environments. The markets we serve are metals, paper, glass, plastics and non-woven industries.
Position Description: Regional Sales Manager
AMETEK Surface Vision is looking for a high performing, technical Sales Account Manager to achieve ambitious revenue growth for the SmartView and SmartAdvisor brands in the Metals, Film and Non-Wovens Markets in the West of Japan. You will represent AMETEK Surface Vision products to new and existing customers to maximize sales revenue through all sales-oriented activities including adding value to products, support of sales promotions and marketing activities.
In the direct sales environment you will be responsible for working with both local and global key accounts across the region. This will require a combination of a consultative selling style coupled with a detailed knowledge of applications in the Metals, Film and Nonwoven sectors.
You will work towards achieving mutually agreed business goals and will be measured on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. As such, you will be required to maintain accurate, timely forecasts and provide a weekly business report.
The suitable candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively multi-tasking as a Sales Account Manager, as well as supporting and participating as a member of the Japanese sales team.
• Secure sustainable growth of the AMETEK Surface Vision business by taking share from direct competitors.
• Develop and execute a regional sales strategy that aligns with the overall business objectives.
• Use solution selling methodologies to sell the value of AMETEK Surface Vision to customers.
• Make customer, provide sales presentations for all AMETEK Surface Vision product lines, assisted by the pre-sales support team to technically qualify the customer’s needs.
• Manage projects cradle to grave, involved in all aspects from quotation to customer acceptance.
• Drive sales forecast accuracy and funnel growth;
• Develops and implements the company’s plan to manage pricing, margins and costs to maximize sales and profitability and facilitates the collection of unpaid or disputed invoices in conjunction with the accounts department.
• Provide input to product management that helps define and quantify new markets, applications, and competition, along with detailed new product requirements and definition.
• Identify unmet customer needs for all vision technologies
• Collates and provides accurate, on time reporting to senior management to include forecasts by country, region, customer and key project.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor/Master of Engineering or natural science (in University)
• Sales Experience with Instrumentation (vision, sensor technology, measurement & control etc.)
• Experience in Metal or Film (Chemical) industry
• Fluent in Japanese plus a basic level of business English (basic business level)
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to translate technical product information into strong customer value propositions
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Experience in developing large deals directly with the end customer
• Positive and passionate about sales and customer relationships
• Experience in some of the following: machine vision, surface inspection, web inspection, web monitoring, real-time vision, lighting and optics, line scan and matrix array cameras, quality control system, distributive control system, factory automation