AMETEK Specialty Metal Products manufactures and markets a wide range of products including; powder, precision tubing, and precision strip. These products are available in a wide range of materials such as; stainless steel, nickel alloys and titanium to the end use markets of; aerospace, medical, nuclear, and oil & gas. We deliver exceptional products and service to customers around the world, every day. Visit us at: www.ametekmetals.com. More about the Company is provided below.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the development and modification of computer software to support the needs of the business for data, information, and analysis particularly within the commercial and finance teams.
This position reports directly to the Product Manager, Powders and has no direct reports.
In an assigned work area, the Analyst will perform the following tasks:
• Define and establish a utilization plan for current and future state of business information systems to leverage shared knowledge and grow sales.
• Supports commercial and finance teams by installing, monitoring, and/or refining necessary software.
• Work with the commercial and finance teams to analyze and identify process improvement opportunities, then recommend, design and implement solutions for improvement.
• Write procedures for utilization of new and existing processes.
• Continuously develops understanding of Company products and processes.
**This is a one (1) year contract position to be filled through a third party**
More about the Company:
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5B.
AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 18,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
At AMETEK, we are committed to a corporate culture that values diversity and fosters a work environment that enables colleagues to develop meaningful and rewarding careers. We consider ourselves responsible corporate citizens and are committed to operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. We also are sensitive to the needs of our communities, and, as a company, support programs that help those communities meet their health, education and social needs.
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500.
• Bachelors degree in Information Systems or related Information Technology discipline preferred. A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.
• Proficiency in Dynamic NAV and Microsoft Excel required.
• Experience with data extraction methods using queries, SQL, ODBC, etc. a plus.
• Establish workflows and training materials for end-users.
• Strong attention to detail, demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to identify and creatively resolve issues.
• Demonstrated proficiency with other common PC office applications such as MS Word and MS Outlook/Lotus Notes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.