• Maintains and promotes a safe and professional work environment. Follows all company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Performs troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
• Uses skills and experience to help evaluate root cause of breakdowns and develop corrective countermeasures.
• Executes effective PM activities, maximizing equipment uptime, and reducing cost of ownership.
• Assists in special projects such as installation and engineering upgrades.
• Assists in maintaining technical documentation, parts inventory, and managing critical vendors and contractors.
• Creates and repairs parts using fabrication and welding equipment
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; and participating in formal training/certification initiatives.
• Demonstrate methodical approach to troubleshooting and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical and hydraulic schematics
• Communicate effectively and professionally.
• Possess a solid to advanced degree of proficiency in the following areas:
o Mechanical systems, including: bearings, drive trains, precision alignment, pumps, and blowers.
o Electric motors, sensors, AC/DC power, and control systems.
o Hydraulic & pneumatic systems
o Rigging and lifting of large machine components
o Machining, welding, and fabrication skills highly desired
• Computer proficiency
• Must be available to occasionally work weekends and afterhours when needed.
• Knowledgeable of applicable safety requirements, codes and industry best practices.
• Desired experience with
o Rolling Mills
o Natural gas burners and furnaces
o Slitters and other metal processing equipment
o Powered Industrial Trucks – forklifts, man lifts, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.