Amptek – Office Administrator
Amptek is a world leader in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of radiation detection components used in X-ray and gamma-ray detection. These are used primarily in X-ray spectroscopy, for analytical chemistry in laboratory and portable applications, and in nuclear and space research.
The Office Administrator will provide general administrative support to our sales, accounting and engineering departments. We are seeking an experienced, well-organized individual to join our growing team. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Handle incoming calls and correspondence
• Contribute to quality customer service
• Process airway bills for national and international shipments
• Complete export documentation (SEDs)
• Keep customers informed on order status and delivery details
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
• Processing customer purchase orders, checking that orders include the correct prices, quantities, part numbers, etc. Contact customers to check any details that may be wrong or to obtain missing information. Enter customer PO's accurately into the company's ERP system.
• Provide timely RFQs
• Process company purchase orders in ERP system
• Data entry
• Maintain and manage customer and vendor databases.
• Purchase equipment and supplies
• Greet visitor and maintain conference room supplies
• Assist accounting department with ad hoc projects
• Handle travel arrangements
• Other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to add or delete duties as deemed appropriate.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• 2 years previous Administrative Assistant work preferably in an international export sales environment
• High school diploma required, with some college coursework preferred
• Able to deal with customer issues in a supportive manner
• Ability to communicate clearly in English, both in writing and in speech
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good organizational skills
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook) and keyboard skills
• Knowledge of ERP system is helpful
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Ability to be a vital part of the team
• Good administrative skills
• Quick to learn
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and be detailed oriented in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently, while possessing the flexibility to assist others
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.