In this role, you will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. In addition, you’ll recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls; as well as work with our Design Engineering team to coordinate manufacturing launches for new or revised products.
• Identify and implement process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training in an Electronics Manufacturing environment.
• Write clear, concise, and accurate technical reports or work instructions as required.
• Evaluate, recommend and implement new equipment technologies and processes used in the fabrication of electro-mechanical assemblies.
• Investigate and implement improved manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency (LEAN 5s).
• Partner with our Quality Assurance Department on first article approvals and incoming inspection of PCB assemblies supplied by contract manufacturers.
• Support Production Manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
• Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
• Support Engineering Design Change Orders, Bill of Materials setup and ERP System Router Maintenance.
• Work with Design Engineering team in the coordination of manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
• Provide support of safety initiatives as an active member of our Safety Team, and provide training to new and existing employees.
• Design, develop and test and/or sources and provide cost-justification of various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
• Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
• Represent manufacturing as a member on cross-functional teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree.
• Minimum three years technical experience in a high-volume electronic manufacturing environment.
• Experience in using methodologies in support of manufacturing process improvement efforts (LEAN, 5s, etc.).
• Working knowledge of digital and analog circuitry (design, test, troubleshooting).
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
• Experience and/or training in ESD and Environmental Health & Safety in accordance with maintaining compliance with company polices, state and federal regulations.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal; e.g., the ability to prepare, present and discuss project related plans, requirements, test results, etc. in a team based work environment.
• Advanced math skills (i.e. Algebra).
• Comprehensive, working knowledge of the Microsoft Office PC LAN environment including: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Working knowledge of software and design platforms including but not limited to: CAD, SolidWorks, LabView, etc.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Test equipment (oscilloscope, multimeter, power supply, environmental chamber, load dump tester, etc.).
• Measurement equipment (calipers, micrometer, etc.).
• Manufacturing equipment (solder, glue gun, small hand tools, etc.).
• Office machines (computer, copier, fax, etc.).
This position may have some supervisory responsibilities.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected (5 - 10%).