Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for $925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment.
There is always more to see. And when you’re working with electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the more of its secrets it will reveal. That’s why at Gatan we have spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together, we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh understanding.
With state-of-the-art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder for you.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical design Engineer that will preferably be based out of our Warrendale, PA office. Has flexibility to be based out of our Pleasanton, CA office, if needed.
Responsible for development of new and existing products using solid modeling techniques, creation of drawing packages, assembly, and test of prototypes
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• At least 5 years of experience in instrument development environment
• Expert in Solidworks 3D modeling with a minimum of 5 years of experience
• Experience in electro-mechanical design and assembly is strongly desired
• Experience supporting manufacturing environment
• Familiar with machining practices and metal finishes
• Comprehensive skill in the use of machine shop had tools
• Good understanding of working with metals and plastics
• Solid knowledge of dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M standard
• Experience in a fast-paced development environment
• Comfortable handling multiple projects
• Good communication skills
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating 3D solid models from conceptual stage to release of detail 2D and assembly drawings into production
• Assembly and test of new product concepts and report generation
• Assemble and test the prototypes and pre-production units
• Works with Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineering in new product development
• Interface with vendors and manufacturing personnel to ensure manufacturability and performance of design
• Design tooling and fixtures for ease of manufacturing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• General office environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.