Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for $925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment.
There is always more to see. And when you’re working with electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the more of its secrets it will reveal. That’s why at Gatan we have spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together, we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh understanding.
With state of the art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder for you.
We are currently seeking a Document Control Specialist based at Gatan’s Pleasanton, CA facility.
This position is responsible for supporting all document control activities and requires working and interacting with different employees throughout the organization. Supports the maintenance and operations of document control ensuring accuracy and conformance with approved internal requirements. A detail-oriented team player is essential for this position.
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Supports the maintenance and operation of document control ensuring accuracy and conformance.
• Creates, analyzes, and manages all engineering and manufacturing changes (ECR, ECO, MCO, Deviations, New Part Requests, New manufacturers, etc.).
• Manages Gatan standard operation process (SOP) SharePoint, a dependable and user- friendly system that defines, stores, shares and easily manages department processes that everyone involved will have access information.
• Creates and maintains Document Control procedures as needed to reflect policy and procedural changes.
• Conducts periodic audits of document control system.
• Manages AML, including creation of new vendors and parts, attaching vendor documentation, RoHS and REACH documentation.
• Supports project managers and engineers in creating and maintaining BOM and ECO revisions in ERP system.
• Provides training to cross functional groups on Product Lifecycle Management related to Documentation Control.
• Ability to gather needed information and provide judgment and feedback based on partial and incomplete information. Understand the need to work/cooperate with multiple departments (Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing/Sales, Service).
• 3+ years of experience with web-based PLM required, Agile PLM software preferred.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Microsoft office competency is a must.
• Good judgement, decision making, and problem solving.
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
• Physical requirements:
o Must be able to work indoors in an office setting. Requires full capabilities to work full time at a computer workstation.
Required education: High school diploma or equivalent.