AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
Electron Microscopy Technologies (EMT) is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality instrumentation and software for imaging and analysis in TEM and SEM applications. The Gatan and EDAX names are recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
The Staff Accountant - Candidate will report to the Operational Finance Manager and is directly responsible for managing and coordinating daily accounting functions for the business. This includes responsibility for financial closing, financial reporting, working capital management, and ensuring compliance with accounting procedures and internal controls. This individual must operate with a high degree of autonomy and leadership.
• Support monthly financial close process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines
• Support the management team in the delivery of the business plan, providing timely key financial analysis, reports, and information to enable informed decision making
• Assist in monthly and quarterly corporate reporting and associated SOX procedures
• Preparation of applicable journal entries
• Complete General Ledger account reconciliations
• Lead/support operational finance topics such as cost, fixed asset, and lease accounting
• Assist with the preparation of monthly forecasts and the annual operating budget with a focus on manufacturing expenses and working capital
• Assist the Operational Finance Manager and US Operations Controller with any other duties/projects as assigned such as implementation of process improvements through simplification and automation to add controls and improve visibility of performance
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2-3 years of related accounting experience
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX controls
• Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Microsoft Dynamics Navision is a plus
• Superior organizational skills and attention to details
• Work requires effective oral and written communications skills as well as a strong analytical acumen
• Confident and self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.