EDAX is dedicated to advancing the understanding of materials for the benefit of science and society worldwide. EDAX endeavors to be the world leader in elemental and structural micro analysis solutions with a focus on EDS, EBSD, WDS, Micro-XRF, and X-ray Metrology techniques. Our goals are to exceed the expectations of our customers, employees, and stockholders.
We are currently seeking a Shipping/ Receiving Clerk for the Materials Department in our Warrendale, PA manufacturing facility. The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to the distribution of job orders, precision cleaning of parts and movement of material through the warehouse and production areas.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Receipt of goods in an MRP system (Navision)
• Precision Cleaning of parts, requires careful handling and packaging
• Contribution to inventory accuracy and cycle counting
• Printing and Distribution of Job Orders
• Packaging of goods for shipment
• Loading and Unloading of trucks, using a forklift and/or pallet jack
• Positive Attitude, Clear Communication Skills and Demonstrated Ability to work well with others in cross-functional and multi-organization teams
• Willingness to participate in continuous improvement activities
• 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products especially Outlook and Excel
• HS Diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.