Gatan, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality instrumentation and software for imaging and analysis in TEM and SEM applications. The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Manage material requirements for Service group using ERP/MRP systems
• Control the supply of materials to satisfy service requirements
• Maintain supply base to support service
• Expedite orders, track late deliveries and negotiates return on defective materials
• Help evaluate material shortages and determine appropriate inventory levels
• Schedule service repair returns
• Work with manufacturing to schedule production parts needed for service.
• Create Job orders, Bills of material and Sales orders associated with repairs
• Review service billings prior to invoicing
• Work directly with customers for the return of equipment for repair through the return shipping of the repair
• Regulate stock, recommend expedites in order to meet service demand while maintaining optimum inventory levels
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and work cooperatively and jointly with all departments to provide seamless quality customer service
• Manage repair order shipments, print shipment checklist, complete internal paperwork, print packing list, perform order entry for repair orders
• Assist with shipment release from customs, work with factory service engineers to ensure on time delivery
• Experience utilizing ERP/MRP systems and Microsoft Office products.
• Enthusiastic attitude with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent communication skills.
• This person must be organized, detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and execute plans to meet deadlines and be a flexible team player
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a production/service environment preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office Environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.