AMETEK Specialty Metal Products (SMP) Wallingford is a US-based pioneer in the manufacturer of High Purity Metal Strip, Specialty Shaped Wire, Engineered Shaped Components and Thermal Management Materials.
AMETEK-SMP is seeking a safety conscious, action-oriented individual to fulfill the Scheduler/Materials Manager position at their Wallingford Plant. Reporting to the Plant Manager this individual is responsible for interfacing with Sales, Technical Services, and Production to achieve on-time delivery of a quality product.
1. Reviews information provided and creates the Work Order from order received to shipment. Adds unplanned operations as required.
2. Conducts frequent multi-disciplinary meetings to review the order backlog to achieve short-range shipping objectives.
3. Responsible for coordinating the work centers schedules with the shop floor supervisors to ensure product shipments are made in accordance with customer requirements.
4. Conducts weekly raw material planning meetings to ensure an adequate supply of raw material is available for future orders.
5. Provides support to the Sales Department by answering question related to Production Operations, such as lead times or order status.
6. Maintains the monthly Shipping Schedule report including providing information to be used for forecasting monthly and quarterly Sales.
7. Assures that inventories are properly maintained and accounted for.
8. Establishes and maintains effective communications between all levels of supervision, departments, and management.
9. Audit actual performance against product structures to ensure accurate standards
10. Update released order schedule to be able to accurately track equipment loading and be able to respond to customer status requests.
* 2 years of experience planning operations using an ERP system
* 2 years of advanced experience in Microsoft office (excel and access a must)
* Proven problem-solving capabilities preferred (Greenbelt/Blackbelt or lean certification ideal)
* A minimum of five years experience in planning production within a specialty, make to order business.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Management, Industrial Management or Engineering preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.