Electron Microscopy Technologies (EMT) is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality instrumentation and software for imaging and analysis in TEM and SEM applications. The Gatan and EDAX names are recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
We are currently seeking a Level 4 Assembler for our Warrendale, PA facility. The successful candidate will perform assembly of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic devices in a production environment to yield sub-assemblies or completed product.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
• Under direction, works from interrelated manufacturing documents and verbal instructions to perform required tasks.
• Assembles close tolerance parts that may have unusual shapes and may require specialized joining techniques such as gluing, potting, pressing, soldering and spot welding.
• May perform adjustments and calibrations requiring the use of hand tools, torque wrenches, small power tools, precision measuring devices and other specialized equipment including, but not limited to, arbor presses, vacuum test equipment, optical microscopes, electronic testing fixtures and digital multi-meters.
• Perform HV testing
• Completes required paperwork according to established procedures.
• Assists with the training of less experienced personnel.
• Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
• Electronics background and/or soldering experience that may include IPC J-STD-001G certification
• Ability to communicate information clearly and directly to co-workers and supervisory personnel both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to adapt to change (positive and negative).
• Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations.
• Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
• Willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
• Knowledge of 5S and lean concepts and the ability to help move forward with achieving department goals.
• Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift.
• Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
• Ability to follow written instructions in English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
Educational / Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3-6 years of previous experience in a manufacturing or technical environment required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday.
• Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material.
• Will be required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on an occasional basis.
• Will require specific vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• May be required to utilize a stereo microscope on a regular basis to perform assembly and/or inspection tasks.
• May be required to lift up to 65lbs periodically with assistance as needed.
• Will be required to handle and utilize various cleaning solvents on a routine basis.
• Will be required to handle and utilize to various adhesives and sealants on a routine basis.
• Will be required to operate heat producing devices such as a soldering iron and convection oven.
• May be required to operate and / or test devices capable of producing high voltages.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.