Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for $925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment.
There is always more to see. And when you’re working with electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the more of its secrets it will reveal. That’s why at Gatan we have spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together, we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh understanding.
With state-of-the-art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder for you.
We are currently seeking a NPI Engineer in our Pleasanton, CA location. The responsibility NPI Engineer includes design support, schematic support, PCA and PCB documentation and process, electrical parts library, ECO and ECR execution and process, document control, parts obsolescence, compliance documentation, and sustaining engineering.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Interfaces with electrical design engineers in coordinating the release of new products.
• Acts as liaison between internal engineering and manufacturing departments, contract manufacturers and other vendors during R&D stages.
• Ability to support engineers in the development of schematics by creating and checking symbol validity, generating, checking netlist and identify design rule errors.
• Checks OrCAD schematics for symbol validity, design rule errors, netlist validity.
• Checks BOMs for accuracy, RoHS compliance, obsolete parts.
• Generate assembly Instructions which includes step by step instructions and graphics such photographs, assembly drawings (Done in PowerPoint)
• Enters all ECO documentation in PLM system (preferably Agile)
• Identifies substitute electronic components for obsolete or RoHS non-compliant parts.
• Knowledge of Printed circuit layout.
• Resolves electrical engineering issues encountered during and after product release.
• Ability to work with manufacturers to resolve issues such as basic electrical questions.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 5+yrs experience in NPI role with proven success releasing and maintaining PCB based product lines.
• Physical requirements:
• Must be able to work indoors in an office setting. Requires full capabilities to work full time at a computer workstation and in an electronics lab around electrical hazards.
• Motivated and well organized in their work product
• OrCad and Agile integration
• OrCad Schematic entry, Agile PCB and component entry, BOM management.
• Basic Engineering Technician skill set. PCB debug.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• General office environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.