Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for $925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment.
There is always more to see. And when you’re working with electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the more of its secrets it will reveal. That’s why at Gatan we have spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together, we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh understanding.
With state-of-the-art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder for you.
We are currently seeking a Sales Operations Administrator who will be responsible for customer support and sales order entries and revisions. This position will be based out of our Pleasanton, CA office or our Warrendale, PA office.
• Operate company systems, primarily Customer Relationship Management (CRM), to support the Field Sales and correctly perform sales order entries and revisions
• Support field Sales in the Americas with regard to opportunity, quotation and order management and associated customer-related assistance, as needed
• Work with manufacturing to create software licenses (IIDs) for certain software purchases
• Screen all orders against corporate and federal export compliance and regulatory policy and techniques. Notify involved parties and seek remedy if compliance missing.
• Verify order completeness and readiness for entry into the system of record
• Assist with verification of inventory records and assets assigned to the sales region
• Assist with generation of reports and analyses from company systems
• Make arrangements for local sales-related events and activities
• Assist with campaign lead entry and management in SFDC
• Perform internal inside sales tasks, as required
• Implement ECO changes in CRM
• SalesForce CRM management (changes to records, fields, workflows, validation rules, reports)
• CRM Price Book management
• Manage Master Product List (products, hosts, pricing) and Engineering Compatibility Matrix
• Manage queue to delete business accounts, labs, contacts and opportunities in CRM
• Update distributor discount tables for Bill-To records
• Other projects and assignments, as required
• Previous experience (2-5 years) with a global data CRM, preferably SalesForce.com
• Experience with Sales data analysis and/or Financial data analysis is preferred
• A degree in a technical discipline or business education is a plus
• Excellent command of the basic Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.