Gatan, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality instrumentation and software for imaging and analysis in TEM and SEM applications. The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
We are currently seeking a Planner for the Materials Department in our Warrendale, PA manufacturing facility. The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to planning, scheduling, and monitoring the movement of material through the production cycle.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Partnership with Scheduling to level load the schedule
• TIC file interaction with Production as necessary
• Work with Engineering on change orders for in-progress builds
• Coordination on month-end activity to assist in meeting revenue and financial targets
• Quantitative analytical and investigative skills to discrepancies and track root cause
• Management of non-standard job orders (includes machine shop)
• Shipment activities surrounding systems
• Positive Attitude, Clear Communication Skills and Demonstrated Ability to work well with others in cross-functional and multi-organization teams
• Willingness to participate in continuous improvement activities
• Perspective to think strategically while remaining focused on details, strong problem-solving ability
• Willingness to act in a leadership capacity when required and to develop process standardization and training
• 3 years of experience as a production planner in a manufacturing environment
• Thorough knowledge and experience using MRP, Made2Manage preferred
• Familiarity with Engineering drawings, routings and BOMs
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products especially Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Crystal Reporting software desirable but not required
• HS Diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.