Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for $925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment.
There is always more to see. And when you’re working with electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the more of its secrets it will reveal. That’s why at Gatan we have spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together, we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh understanding.
With state of the art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder for you.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Analog – Mixed Signal Engineer for our current and next generation cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products. This individual will be responsible for working closely with the System, Software and Hardware groups to provide the electrical designs. This position will be based out of our Pleasanton, CA office.
The primary function of this role will be as an analog designer on complex, mixed signal systems including architecture and hardware design. Other responsibilities include CPLD/FPGA design, exploration of technology and test. The incumbent will also be responsible for defining system requirements and integration.
• Experience designing high performance transimpedance and instrumentation amplifiers
• Deep understanding of analog-mixed signal circuits such as OpAmps, filters, transistors, ADCs, DACs etc.
• Must have extensive experience in low noise high speed mixed signal PCBs, schematics, layout, modeling and functional simulation
• Familiarity with CPLD/FPGA logic design, synthesis and layout
• Ability to architect hardware platforms and high-speed interfaces
• Must have ability to diagnose and resolve complex system level issues
• Strong comfort level working in a lab environment using digital embedded system debug tools (ICE, logic analyzers, JTAG, Oscilloscopes)
DESIRABLE SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
• General RF engineering such as RF power generation, impedance matching, transmission line theory, RF filter design
• High voltage (2KV), low noise power supply design experience
• Design with Plasma, laser, PID and motion control
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BS in Electrical Engineering from a four-year college or university, MS degree is a plus
• 10+ years of hardware development experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.