AMETEK is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion. Our brands are located all over the world and have been providing cutting edge technology since the 1930s.
Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for $925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment.
There is always more to see. And when you’re working with electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the more of its secrets it will reveal. That’s why at Gatan we have spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together, we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh understanding.
With state of the art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder for you.
We are currently looking for an On‐Site Service Support Engineer to support our team at a customer site in Eindhoven/NL (Thermo Fisher Scientific). The new colleague will be part of the European Service Team at Gatan. The local factory support in Eindhoven will be limited to two years as off now – after that, the Service Engineer will be expected to do field service support within Europe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Technical Support Certification Level ‐ Proficiency in systems level repair of multiple or extremely complex products within multiple product families are required.
• Must successfully complete ongoing technical training to acquire a thorough knowledge of company equipment, the application of diagnostic techniques and practical application of service aids.
• Occasional visits to Gatan facilities for training and meetings, international travel required.
• Able to read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams through to the component level.
• Isolate the system fault at the component level for electronic, vacuum, and mechanical systems and repair.
• Unpack, install, and interface Gatan appointed products.
• Propose design enhancements or improvements to the existing products design.
• Document work performed in a service report.
• Complete billing or warranty documentation as needed.
- Completed training or studies, if possible in the fields of materials science, natural science, life science, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Understanding of electrical engineering
- Relevant experience, ideally as a service technician (m/f/d)
- Knowledge in the field of material analysis/electron microscopy to your advantage
- Profound PC knowledge / IT affinity
- Business fluent knowledge of English
- Enjoyment of personal customer service and working with customers on site
- Ability to work independently and a strong service mentality
- Willingness to learn highly complex technology
- Friendly and competent appearance with hands-on mentality
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
What we offer:
You can expect a permanent position within an innovative international environment in a leading edge technology - with open doors and short lines of communication. Here you can and should work independently, in close contact with customers and colleagues all over the world. You can look forward to an intensive induction as well as personal and professional development opportunities. Our compensation system is performance-based, with annual salary increases through professional performance management. We also have a healthy dose of humor up our sleeve for you!
Any questions? Our HR Specialist Johanna Brachmann (+49 173 4256038) is happy to help – we are looking forward to hearing from you!
www.ametek.de • www.gatan.com