Gatan, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of instrumentation and software used to enhance and extend the operation and performance of electron microscopes. The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
This position is responsible for the sale of Gatan and EDAX products in a specified geographical area. This position sells the Company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. It is expected that input and activity from this position funds various aspects of marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services.
States covered: NY, VT, NH, MA, ME, RI, CT
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generation of revenue via the sale of all products assigned. Ancillarily, generation of sales leads for other members of the team, as these opportunities arise.
• Development of organization to optimize growth and efficiency of the operation in the target region.
• Determination of local marketing strategies and goals for each product and service, using market research to assess customer needs and sharing information with management and other team members.
• Research and development of potential target customer contact lists. Follow up on sales leads and development of opportunities toward successfully closed orders.
• Organization of local events, including product workshops, local society and trade meetings, user meetings and customer presentations. As necessary, customization of existing or new sales collateral to support the successful close of an order.
• Provide detailed quotations to end users for current purchases and/or budget/grant proposals.
• Schedule and log all activity into a CRM database, including creation and maintenance of all sales opportunities, as defined by Sales Department policies.
• Work closely with service to help achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Work with accounting and service to resolve on-going accounts-receivable issues.
• Maximize Gatan’s and EDAX’s visibility and penetration in the assigned region by adherence to the Sales Territory and Opportunity Management Methodology in place by the team.
• Other tasks, as assigned
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
• Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale.
• Experience managing large territories and state-of-the-art product offerings.
• Demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends and their application to real world projects.
• Must possess a high degree of diplomacy, judgment, and the ability to deal with and influence persons in all types of positions.
• Use of Microsoft Office and other business systems with a high level of efficiency
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a scientific degree preferred.
• 5-7 years of sales experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.