Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for $925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment.
There is always more to see. And when you’re working with electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the more of its secrets it will reveal. That’s why at Gatan we have spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together, we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh understanding.
With state of the art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder for you.
Responsible for developing and executing a production schedule by managing all resources and activities for a given product line or department. This position is also responsible for implementing improvements to the manufacturing procedures, and will assist the VP Manufacturing in identifying and implementing improvements in all areas of production and quality.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Responsible for the transfer of new products into manufacturing.
• Implements, establishes and/or adjusts work priorities, procedures and resources to meet required production schedules.
• Interfaces with Planning and Scheduling to ensure all demand deadlines are met.
• Recommends improvements to work conditions (layout and ergonomics) and the use of equipment to increase efficiencies of the manufacturing operation.
• Confers with staff to analyze and resolve equipment or process problems through corrections, updates or modifications to internal procedures or process improvements.
• Creates and maintains detailed assembly/process instructions for all manufactured products and parts.
• Researches, develops and recommends improvements to manufacturing processes, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and fabrication methods, with an emphasis on tooling, assembly and quality standards.
• Hands on shop floor support to improve cycle time, reduce manufacturing costs and improve quality.
• Works with engineering to create standard documents for component testing.
• Assists with design changes to existing products and process improvements as required,
• Develops capital equipment justifications for equipment and process technology to improve quality, cost and cycle time.
• Participates in the product development process to insure manufacturability in new designs.
• Participates in the prototype construction of product to provide production input and to help facilitate the new product transfer from Engineering to Manufacturing.
• Provides new design input on preferred tools, fixtures, routing and assembly preferences.
• Controls, directs and monitors production staff selection, training, development and utilization.
• Production Test Technicians
• Work Cell Supervisors
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 5-7 years of experience in a production management role.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday.
• Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material.
• Will be required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on an occasional basis.
• Will require specific vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• May be required to utilize a stereo microscope to perform assembly and/or inspection tasks.
• May be required to lift up to 65lbs periodically with assistance as needed.
• Will be required to handle and utilize various cleaning solvents on a routine basis.
• Will be required to handle and utilize to various adhesives and sealants on a routine basis.
• Will be required to handle and utilize liquid nitrogen on a periodic basis.
• Will be required to operate heat producing devices such as a soldering iron and convection oven.
• May be required to operate and / or test devices capable of producing high voltages.
• May be exposed to x-ray producing equipment (Transmission Electron Microscopes) on a limited basis.
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.