Electron Microscopy Technologies (EMT) is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality instrumentation and software for imaging and analysis in TEM and SEM applications. The Gatan and EDAX names are recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
The Staff Accountant - Candidate will report to the US Operations Controller and is directly responsible for managing and coordinating daily accounting functions for the business. This includes responsibility for financial closing, financial reporting, working capital management, and ensuring compliance with accounting procedures and internal controls. This individual must operate with a high degree of autonomy and leadership.
• Support monthly financial close process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines
• Support the management team in the delivery of the business plan, providing timely key financial analysis, reports, and information to enable informed decision making
• Assist in monthly and quarterly corporate reporting and associated SOX procedures
• Preparation of applicable journal entries
• Complete General Ledger account reconciliations
• Provide Customer credit support including
• Dun & Bradstreet reporting
• Establishing customer credit limits
• Assist with the preparation of monthly forecasts and the annual operating budget with a focus on manufacturing expenses and working capital
• Assist US Controller with any other duties/projects as assigned such as implementation of process improvements through simplification and automation to add controls and improve visibility of performance
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Two – Three years of related accounting experience
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX controls
• Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Microsoft Dynamics Navision is a plus
• Superior organizational skills and attention to details
• Work requires effective oral and written communications skills as well as a strong analytical acumen
• Confident and self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.