The Sr. Cost Accountant is responsible for overall process for all AMETEK Spectro Scientific inventory related transactions in the Chelmsford, MA location. This includes but is not limited to inventory reserve analyses and reconciliations, auditing WIP jobs, reviewing inventory related transactions and investigating anomalies, reviewing credit memos to ensure inventory is transacted properly, monthly reporting of gross margin by product group and coordinating part number setups and cost rollup.
The incumbent will calculate, post, and verify financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, product costs, variances, expenses, and earnings.
• Maintain the cost accounting system, documentation and records.
• Assist with preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual entries to record activities of the company.
• Prepare and review cost related account reconciliations.
• Assist in the annual budget & monthly forecasts.
• Analyze gross margins and inventory variances.
• Coordinate annual Physical Inventory.
• Maintain Fixed Asset Accounting System.
• Participate in SOX testing and Financial Audits for the Chelmsford location.
• Support and act as backup for other departmental functions including but not limited to cash management, payroll, financial analysis, budget analysis, regulatory reporting, coordinating and managing monthly closing activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• 5-7 years' related experience.
• Proficiency using MS Office Suite, including excellent knowledge of Excel required.
• Familiarity with Navision (Microsoft Dynamics) and HFM a plus..
• Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving, including data analysis and validation.
• Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive business information.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently under pressure and strict deadlines.
• Ability to work extended hours during month-end, quarter-end and year-end for closing purposes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with all levels of staff.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.