We are currently seeking a skilled Applications Specialist that provides scientific expertise, applications support and training to our customers. This role partners with sales reps in the field to deliver product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. In this position you will act as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business. This position will be based out of Germany but will also require travelling to other international sites in Europe.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites.
• Trains customers after installation on our products
• Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences.
• Collaborates with Sales Representatives to develop technical selling strategies.
• Accompanies Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
• Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
• Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Manager and Sales partners through written reports and regular telephone conversations.
• Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
• Participates actively to support Sales and Service meetings as required
• Requires several years of laboratory or related work experience with Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM), additional experience in Scanning Electron Microscopy is preferred
• Deep technology understanding to be able to explain complex technology solutions
• Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in an isolated environment.
• Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation with strong client service attitude.
• Ability to interface with people at all levels and to travel to various locations throughout country and/or internationally
• 5 years related experience required.
• Requires MSc. or PhD degree in Life Science, Materials Science or related scientific field.
• Valid driver's license.