Gatan, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of instrumentation and software used to enhance and extend the operation and performance of electron microscopes.
The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
The Senior Quality Engineer provides customer and factory quality support for the manufacturing of precision instruments. The position includes managing the interface between customers, suppliers, manufacturing, service and engineering.
1. Commence and maintain communications with customers on quality issues and corrective actions.
2. Liaising with customer service personnel to resolve issues and customer complaints.
3. Analyzes data to identify trends in product quality or defects with a goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects.
4. Manage MRB Process in conjunction with production managers and supervisors for RMA disposition and Non-conforming material disposition.
5. Interact with component suppliers to drive corrective actions.
6. Conducts external supplier audits as assigned to ensure QMS compliance.
7. Provide weekly and monthly reports for non-conformance and maintains a closed loop corrective action program.
8. Assist with quality programs to maintain quality certifications (i.e., ISO 9001).
1. Requires a bachelor's degree and minimum 5+ years of experience in the field of engineering or quality assurance.
2. Working knowledge of Statistical software and/or Minitab
3. Strong background with ISO9001 and CAPA processes.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. CQE and/or Six Sigma Green or Black belt a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.