Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for $925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron microscopy equipment.
There is always more to see. And when you’re working with electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the more of its secrets it will reveal. That’s why at Gatan we have spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together, we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh understanding.
With state of the art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder for you.
This position is responsible for filling/processing customer “spare parts” orders and shipping them to the required destination in a manner that meets company standards.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Light assembly of small parts to complete units or “kits” prior to shipping.
• Work closely with the manufacturing, service and planning departments.
• Receive and process orders for job order materials and sales orders.
• Obtain parts from bins or shelves within a 50,000 Sq. Ft assembly environment.
• Uses hand tools, glue or fixtures to complete customer orders.
• Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
• Accurately pack, weigh, and ship material to customer locations.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite.
• Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate information clearly and directly to co-workers and supervisory personnel both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to adapt to change (positive and negative).
• Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations.
• Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, work in a team environment, and deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
• Willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
• Knowledge of 5S and lean concepts and the ability to help move forward with achieving department goals.
• Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift.
• Experience with Made to Manage.
• Experience with CRM’s.
• Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
• Ability to follow written instructions in English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday.
• Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material.
• Will be required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on an occasional basis.
• Will require specific vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• May be required to utilize a stereo microscope on a regular basis to perform assembly and/or inspection tasks.
• May be required to lift up to 65lbs periodically with assistance as needed.
• Will be required to handle and utilize various cleaning solvents on a routine basis.
• Will be required to handle and utilize to various adhesives and sealants on a routine basis.
• Will be required to handle and utilize liquid nitrogen on a periodic basis.
• Will be required to operate heat producing devices such as a soldering iron and convection oven.
• May be required to operate and / or test devices capable of producing high voltages.
• May be exposed to x-ray producing equipment (Transmission Electron Microscopes) on a limited basis.
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.