We are currently seeking a skilled Field Service Engineer (m/f/d) who will be responsible for on- site repair or services of Gatan specimen prep, imaging and analytical systems at the customer site. This position will be based out of Germany but may be required to travel to other international sites.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• On-site customer installation, service support, limited telephone support, hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for Gatan products.
• Ensure repaired systems meet operating specifications, documenting service performed.
• Propose design enhancements and improvements.
• Read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams through to the component level.
• Isolate the system fault at the component level for electronic, vacuum, and mechanical systems and repair.
• Document work performed in a service report.
• Complete billing or warranty documentation as needed.
• Experience with current Personal Computer Windows Operation System (OS) software installation and configuration.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in an isolated environment.
• Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation with strong client service attitude.
• Ability to work on complex learning and development problems as well as teach highly technical information is essential.
• Ability to interface with people at all levels.
• Ability to travel at least 70% to various locations throughout country and/or internationally.
• Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate work permits to support international travel and client needs.
• 2 years related experience required.
• Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent experience.