AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is one of the world's leading manufacturers of electronic
instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4 billion. The Group
has more than 15,000 employees in more than 150 operational manufacturing, sales and service
locations around the world.
Ametek SAS, the Group's French subsidiary based in Elancourt (78), is looking for a Commercial
Engineer/Sector Manager for its GATAN-EDAX Business Unit specializing in the design, manufacture
and sale of accessories for Electronic Microscopy from the preparation of samples to their analysis.
Our mission for a better science:
- Develop new tools or techniques to better understand the world around us at the nanoscale.
- Provide support for basic or applied research in the field of nanoscience or structural biology.
- Producing state-of-the-art equipment in a highly competitive world
And for our customers:
- Enable innovation and research objectives to be achieved through access to world-class equipment
- Ensure their satisfaction by the quality of the equipment distributed, optimal pre-sale and after-sale
support for laboratory maintenance at the highest level of global research.
As a leader in our market, we mainly work in the field of research (fundamental or applied, materials or
life sciences) or quality control (Materials, semiconductors,..).
As a Commercial Engineer you will be responsible for your sector and responsible for promoting our
technologies to clients primarily for research (public or private). You will intervene live with our
customers and will also interact with some OEMs in order to develop sales in a wide geographical
area in France.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Develop and implement sales strategies and promote growth in the assigned territory in line
with the overall business strategy
- Maintain and develop a network of relationships with important players in our field (electronic
microscope manufacturers, researchers, engineers,...)
- Generate and track opportunities and projects, boost sales by meeting customers and
prospects to identify and understand their needs and offer them appropriate solutions
- Ensure a permanent monitoring of competitors' available products/solutions, market trends
and articulate an appropriate proposal
- Actively participate in the event organization (salons, seminars, training) and direct marketing
- Regularly reporting commercial stocks and sales forecasts
- Be a force of proposal on the continuous optimization of the dedicated sector and propose the
associated action plans
- Training: Minimum commercial and/or technical bac-2
2 years minimum on a commercial item such as the sale of research or control
Knowledge of Electronic Microscopy would be a plus;
Passing through a research laboratory would be a plus
Ability to listen and understand the customer, make his satisfaction a priority
Sense of negotiation, strength of proposal
Ability to perform on both transactional and technology project sales
Minimum scientific level (many courses organised by GATAN/EDAX)
- Quality: organized, autonomous, involved, result-oriented, loving challenge and teamwork
- Language: Operational English imperative
- Computer skill: Mastery of a CRM tools and the pack office
- Travel: 50% of the time
- Location: Home office
- Attractive remuneration: Fixed - variable - vehicule