Gatan, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of instrumentation and software used to enhance and extend the operation and performance of electron microscopes. The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
We are currently seeking a Work Cell Supervisor who will be responsible for supervising employees engaged in the fabrication, assembly and testing of products. Operates from a narrow scope of responsibility to maintain production schedules and to insure adherence to quality standards. Distributes assignments and monitors activities through interaction with subordinates and the review of selected reports. Actively manages resource allocation within the Work Cell in response to unforeseen events in order to achieve production goals. Responsible for training of subordinates. Assists in the selection, assignment and evaluation of those subordinates. Recommends personnel actions to the Production Manager. Coordinates input to Manufacturing Engineering regarding the establishment and maintenance of product documentation. Represents manufacturing during the introductory phase of new products.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use precision test equipment to test and trouble shoot boards. (oscilloscope, multimeter, function generator, Data acquisition modules, etc.)
• Work with manufacturing engineering to release new products, and resolve issues that may arise
• Read and interpret schematics and drawings
• Solder and do rework on assemblies
• Provide training to others on test procedures
• Communicate clearly with various department regarding pertinent issues
• Excellent oral and written communications skills as well as refined analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to adapt to change (positive and negative)
• Ability to accept of criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations
• Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
• Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift
• Ability to read and write work instructions and procedures in English
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English
• Ability to give written and verbal instructions in English
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
• Associates degree or higher in an Engineering discipline required
• A combination of formal training and additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a formal Engineering-related degree
• At least 5-7 years related technical and/or industry experience with a strong mechanical aptitude required
• May lead and/or participate in functional training and/or mentoring of others
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and Lean manufacturing a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.