AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
Gatan, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality instrumentation and software for imaging and analysis in TEM and SEM applications. The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
We are currently seeking a Planner for the Materials Department in our Warrendale, PA manufacturing facility. The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to planning, scheduling, and monitoring the movement of material through the production cycle.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ownership of the release and distribution of job orders and dispatch lists to the production floor, Follow-through to manage job orders through to completion (print shipment checklist, complete internal paperwork, serialize parts, print packing list)
• Work with Engineering on Engineering change orders for in-progress builds
• Quantitative analytical and investigative skills to reconcile inventory discrepancies and labor errors
• Management of internal service orders and evaluation of spare part orders for shipment readiness.
• Positive Attitude, Clear Communication Skills and Demonstrated Ability to work well with others in cross-functional and multi-organization teams
• Willingness to participate in continuous improvement activities
• Perspective to think strategically while remaining focused on details, strong problem-solving ability
• 3 years of experience as a production planner in a manufacturing environment
• Thorough knowledge and experience using MRP, Made2Manage preferred
• Familiarity with Engineering drawings, routings and BOMs
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products especially Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Crystal Reporting software desirable but not required
• HS Diploma or equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.