AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
Gatan, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality instrumentation and software for imaging and analysis in TEM and SEM applications. The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
The Accounting Manager - Candidate will report to the US Operations Controller and is directly responsible for managing and coordinating daily accounting functions for the business. This includes mentoring 4 accounting staff direct reports, responsibility for financial closing, financial reporting, working capital management, and ensuring compliance with accounting procedures and internal controls. This individual must operate with a high degree of autonomy and leadership to manage the operational Accounting and Finance function.
• Drive monthly financial close process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines
• Evaluate accounting policies and procedural control systems and work to improve effectiveness and compliance. This includes monthly/quarterly SOX testing and upkeep of required documentation in the Corporate SOX database.
• Maintain the closing of financial systems including
o Maintenance of General Ledger accounts
o Preparation of applicable journal entries
o Review of General Ledger account reconciliations
• Upload monthly financial information to the Corporate HFM system and reconcile Trial Balances to the consolidated reports
• Provide Customer credit support including
o Dun & Bradstreet reporting
o Establishing customer credit limits
• Assist with the preparation of monthly forecasts and the annual operating budget with a focus on working capital
• Assist US Controller and Business Unit Controller with any other duties/projects as assigned
• Develop business relationship with functional leadership team and act as the Accounting and Finance partner
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA Preferred
• Five – Seven years of related accounting experience
• Public accounting and/or Internal Audit at a large organization experience preferred
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is a plus
• Must be able to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Superior organizational skills and attention to details
• Work requires effective oral and written communications skills as well as a strong analytical acumen
• Travel approximately one week per quarter
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.