Accountabilities and Specific Requirements:
WORK LOCATION: Anchorage
SCHEDULE: This is Anchorage based positions on an urban schedule of a 40-hour week or 9/80-work schedule.
Under general direction of Sourcing Manager, the Contracting Officer is accountable for the following:
- Planning, managing, and executing from start to finish contracts for services and software (including contracts with higher business impact, risk and spend)
- Solving sourcing and contracting needs of several Alyeska departments
- Serving as a commercial liaison between Alyeska, contractors and potential contractors
- Strategic sourcing and negotiation planning for complex acquisitions
- Simultaneously managing multiple priority sourcing and contracting needs
- Planning and leading competitive bidding process
- Performing risk and financial analysis
- Delivering demand forecasts and market research
- Adjusting negotiation strategies by monitoring economic indicators and labor market trends
- Leveraging technology to sustain efficient and effective sourcing and contracting process and results
- Drafting, interpreting, analyzing and editing contract language
- Designing contractual incentives to align contractor objectives with Alyeska objectives
- Negotiating contracts mitigating risk, lowering total cost, and increasing value
- Analyzing and negotiating software license and support agreements
- Strengthening internal client and stakeholder relations
MINIUMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must meet or exceed these minimum job requirements to apply for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Law, or other related discipline*
- Two (2) Years of related experience in commercial, business management, finance, law, or another related field
- Advanced knowledge in commercial discipline: negotiations, sourcing, contracting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with ERP, Contract Management, or related systems
*Note: Additional related exempt level experience above the minimum may be substituted for the education requirement
- Demonstrated passion for creatively capturing commercial opportunities
- Strong drive for results and ability using emotional quotient (EQ) in negotiations and commercial relationships
- Four (4) years’ experience in supply chain management, finance, law, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to adopt and lead innovation/change to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Two (2) years’ experience in a client facing role (both internal and external clients)
- Advanced user in Microsoft desktop productivity tools, particularly Word and Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN TESTING:
- Price and Contract Terms Negotiations
- Business Acumen
- Quantitative Research & Analysis
- Customer Service
- Risk Analysis
- Contract Management
- Legal Analysis
- Contract Drafting & Editing
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Project Management
- Facilitation & Presentation
- Alyeska Pipeline Service Company (APSC) requires pre-employment drug testing utilizing hair test collections for all positions. The preferred collection site is from the head (approximately 1/2 inch of hair length necessary). Head hair testing provides an approximate 90-day window of detection that checks for positive drug use. In addition, for Department of Transportation covered positions, APSC will also utilize urinalysis testing. Any positive drug test makes you ineligible for APSC employment.
- It is important to note that APSC does not seek or accept any genetic information as part of the hair testing procedure or any other process that could directly or inadvertently provide genetic information (family medical history).
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION USING E-VERIFY:
- Federal Law requires all employers to verify identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Alyeska Pipeline Service Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
- The Alyeska Valdez Marine Terminal (VMT) is a regulated facility, and the employee hired to work on the VMT or to provide emergency support or other approved work for the VMT will be required to have a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). For more information about this Federal credential access the Web site listed below. The successful candidate for this job will be notified if a TWIC will be required and will then be responsible for enrolling and obtaining a TWIC prior to their hire date. http://www.tsa.gov
ALYESKA PIPELINE SERVICE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.
Alyeska Pipeline is a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace.