Altus Group has an immediate opening for an intern within our Altus Analytics Advisory business unit in Luxembourg. This is a startup environment with a unique approach to Valuation. You will have the opportunity to get real hands on experience on Valuation, appraisal methods, and property risk management that is not offered elsewhere. This is a great opportunity for someone who has an interest in real estate as the 6-12 month contract may lead to long term employment. Compensation will be €1.500 per month which includes the meal vouchers.
The intern will support Altus’ European Advisory team consisting of 5 people based in Luxembourg and London. Their primary role will be to provide support to the appraisal review process of commercial real estate portfolios located across Europe. Each quarter, the intern will assist in the review and update of ARGUS and/or MS-Excel models for all property types, as well as assist in the preparation of client deliverables.
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
- Assisting in the appraisal management process for clients such as major banks, pension funds, insurance companies and Real Estate funds;
- Analyzing and reviewing ARGUS and MS-Excel valuations models for accuracy and reasonableness;
- Assisting in gathering quarterly market research;
- Tracking changes between valuations from quarter to quarter;
- Providing assistance in researching and understanding inconsistencies and discrepancies in appraisal reports;
- Preparing portfolio metric presentations;
- Gaining an understanding of the standard appraisal methods applied;
- Understanding key fundamentals of the real estate industry in order to calculate industry key ratios;
- Currently in the 4th or final year of a degree from a University, an Engineering school or a Business school (in economics or finance);
- Strong financial modeling skills in order to model and analyze complex assets in ARGUS and MS-Excel;
- Appraisal experience or prior exposure in appraisal is a plus;
- Interest in property risk management;
- Willingness to support teammates in tackling the group’s workload;
- Willingness to provide administrative support to team members as need be;
- Willingness to integrate a fast growing and global Group;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office);
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, modeling’s, macro, etc.);
- Basic understanding of Argus software is an asset;
- An understanding of the concepts of Present Value and Future Value, knowledge of real estate valuation techniques is a plus;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and portfolios; strong time-management skills;
- High level of integrity and intellectual curiosity;
- Languages: Fluency in English with either French and/or German is required. Additional European languages are an advantage.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2300 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.