In this role you will be responsible for:
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Assembling of patient trays, reading menus, knowledge of diets and restrictions
- Delivery, transportation, and storage of patient and retail foods.
- Cleaning of carts, equipment, walls and floors, following all proper cleaning chemical usage and using protective equipment as needed / or required.
- May be utilized in multiple areas of need, therefore may be cross-trained to conduct many different duties such as, but not limited to trayline, storeroom, and food preparation areas.
- High School degree or equivalent is required.
- 1 - 2 yrs. prior food service experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year in hospitality/customer service required
- Experience in a large institutional setting may be considered.
- Must be able to read and write. Will be expected to read from an assignment sheet on a daily basis.
- Some experience with assembling patient trays, food delivery and transportation, knowledge of diets and restrictions, cleaning of carts, equipment, etc. as well as experience using cleaning chemicals on a daily basis is strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must be able to read assignment sheets
- Must be able to conduct conversation, and communicate patient service needs.
- Physical Requirements: Standing, walking, cutting, reaching, pushing and lifting up to 50 lbs, standing on cement floors (Mats available)
- Working Conditions: Temperature changes, in and out of refrigeration and freezers, working with hazardous chemicals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.