Einstein Healthcare Network has provided compassionate, high-quality healthcare to anyone in need since 1866. We began with what was, in the late 1800's, a remarkable and forward-thinking creed: to provide medical care to the sick and wounded without regard to creed, color or nationality. Our primary mission remains true to the founder's intent. With our more than 500 employed specialty and primary care physicians, Einstein is able to provide the full spectrum of service to our community, from primary though quaternary care. Our primary service area is North Philadelphia whose population has significant medical needs and other challenges. Einstein is known for its mission of commitment to community and has gained a reputation for excellence, compassion and innovation.
Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia is seeking to add an Endocrinologist to a growing team of outstanding physicians to support the growth of the practice. Join us; make a difference.In this role you will be responsible for:
- Diagnose and treat patients with diseases and disorders of the endocrine system in hospital and outpatient settings. Primary location is at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia. Additional/limited care at practice in Elkins Park and at least two outpatient practices nearby.
- Collaborate & work with team of 6 attendings and 3 NPs
- Teaching duties involve working with Einstein Endocrinology fellows (2) and Einstein IM residents (90).
- Working 8a-5p Monday to Friday with a 1:7 call rotation. Call is covering needs of inpatient and outpatient. Fellow is on call with attending.
- Treating 10-12 patients a day, the majority of which come from an underserved community.
- Helping the Endocrinology team maintain the respect of the community it has built over the past 20 years through quality care and compassion.
- Coordinate and interpret diagnostic endocrine biochemical tests and imaging results, such as ultrasounds, radionuclide, CAT, MRI, PET and DEXA scans
- Thyroid biopsies are performed by radiologists; fellows are doing biopsies with them for educational purposes.
- RAI treatment is done by Nuclear Medicine department; we decide who gets it and they decide the dose.
- Transgender patient care available for those interested
- MD/DO/foreign degree equivalent plus Board Certification/Board Eligibility (BC/BE) in Endocrinology; and PA license/eligibility
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Pension, 403(b), 457, Structured Portfolio Investment Plans
- PTO (32)
- CME (5), $3000 Allowance
- Sick Leave (12)
- Long-Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance w/ Tail
- Life Insurance
- Verizon / AT&T Discount 22%
Learn more about our home, Philadelphia.
Philadelphia is a vibrant and diverse city with vast amount of culture and history. With Washington D.C. and New York in close proximity, Philadelphia is an affordable city in the Northeastern United States. Philadelphia offers world class educational institutions, medical facilities, museums, entertainment, sports venues and restaurants.
- Visit Philadelphia – Provides information on events, restaurants, hotels, museums, music, performing arts and historic sites in and around the city. www.visitphilly.com
- City of Philadelphia – The official website of the city of Philadelphia offers information about resident services, property, licenses, permits, utilities and city-wide initiatives. www.phila.gov
- PHL Diversity – Showcases the city’s vibrant multicultural communities by providing multicultural events, exhibits, restaurants, places of worship and organizations. www.discoverphl.com/meet/phldiversity
- To learn about Einstein's Graduate Medical Education Program: www.einstein.edu/graduatemedicaleducation/default.aspx
- To learn more about the Philadelphia and surrounding counties please visit: www.einstein.edu/graduatemedicaleducation/default.aspx
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.