Einstein Healthcare Network is a private, not for profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality healthcare to the greater Philadelphia region. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
A Better Start: Preventative Health Programming for Women's and Children's Service Line at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia is initiating a PAID Internship program for community health promoters.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Working with A Better Start staff to identify community sites who will support and reinforce healthy eating and physical activity patterns in the community
- Assisting leadership at community sites to reassess what food and drinks are served at events
- Preparing and serving nutritious foods from approved recipes
- Working with small groups or individuals to increase exposure to healthier choices through workshops and food demonstrations
- Collecting and maintaining records of demographic data
- Serving as community resources liaison
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Successful completion of Esperanza Health Center's Health Promoter Training required
- Previous community experience preferred
- Basic reading and math skills required
- Experience with relevant computer skills preferred
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred
- Physical Requirements: Able to walk long distances, sit and stand for longer periods. Frequently lift, move, push and pull various weights (patients and equipment)
- Visual Requirements: Visual dexterity in working with office equipment, and computers
- Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversations and telephone communications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.