Einstein Medical Center is a teaching hospital offering a full range of advanced health services to the Philadelphia community and beyond. We are located at 5501 Old York Road and are proud to offer a Level I Regional Resource Trauma Center and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Einstein Medical Center has more than 600 primary care doctors and specialists on staff, with an additional 1,200 affiliated physicians. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with activities of the research program in the Emergency Department, by screening subjects for possible enrollments, obtaining written informed consent under the supervision of the attending physician in charge, obtaining study specimens as required and coordinating specimen handling, monitoring patients for adverse reactions, keeping data entry related to the studies, and assisting with the maintenance of the research study files
- Attending departmental research meetings
- Assisting with processing, editing, formatting and submitting manuscripts to peer review journal
- Help the research department to create posters for national meetings
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Some college with educational background in a life science preferred
- Research experience in a clinical or hospital setting is preferred
- Familiarity with medical terminology and computer operations is required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment and to interact professionally within the organization is required
- May require to work rotating shifts, normal office routine, and have mobility, substantial standing, or bench sitting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.