Einstein Medical Center Montgomery is a medical destination providing many new healthcare services and resources previously unavailable in the area including advanced medical and surgical care, diagnostic testing services, a neonatal intensive care unit, and 24 hour emergency care. Located on 87 acres along Germantown Pike in East Norriton, PA, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery brings the exceptional experience of Einstein Healthcare Network to residents of central Montgomery County. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
In this role you will be responsible for:
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Providing Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to all referred patients with wound care needs. Administration and monitoring of oxygen within the services scope of practice; working collaboratively with all other disciplines at assigned unit.
- Preparation of all patients referred for treatment
- Participates in department's quality improvement plan and assists in collecting data used for Quality Assurance & Education
- Document all care provided accurately & completely according to hospital and department policy
- Provide patient / family education to include Assessment of learning needs, abilities and readiness to learn, Documentation of teaching activities, Provision of instruction as appropriate, e.g. equipment, activities after treatment
- Provision of appropriate educational materials, as available prior to treatment
- Collaborate with other clinical disciplines in developing plan of care
- Provide hyperbaric chamber operations and maintenance as required
- Recognize change in the patient's condition and intervene appropriately
- Demonstrate competency in core & unit-specific clinical skills
- In the absence of a front desk coordinator, schedule patients for HBO therapy or wound care visit, utilizing hospital software / systems as well as CFWH's EMR system may be required
- In the absence of a front desk coordinator, registration to be accomplished and in accordance with hospital policy and software / systems requirements as well as CFWH's EMR system
- All patient treatment notes to be entered into CFWH's EMR system
- Maintain competencies, continuing education and certificates as required
- HIPAA Compliance - complies with all of the Privacy and Confidentiality Policy and Procedures
- Adheres to all Patient Safety Initiatives and Infection Control Procedures as outlined in the hospital's safety manual. Appropriate usage of Hospital resources, supplies and equipment.
- Occasional travel to other centers on an emergency basis (travel expenses will be reimbursed)
- Overtime and schedule flexibility may be required to meet patient needs
- Perform duties as directed by Program Director within scope of practice and other unit related duties as assigned
- Must have a valid and current CPR from the American Heart Association
- Certified Hyperbaric Technologist Training and Certification required
- Valid and current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification in the state in which the Technician will work, preferred
- Prior experience with wound care patients preferred
- Technician must have basic skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Prior experience with an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system preferred
- Physical Requirements: Must have full range of body motion, able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs, maintain dexterity when pulling, pushing, and gripping emergency carts and stretchers. Must have the ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, lean, and squat for long periods of time without hindrance. Must be physically able to perform CPR.
- Visual Requirements: Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and color vision
- Hearing Requirements: Must be able to speak and hear clearly
- Working Environment: Must perform all physical job duties accurately in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruption
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.