Social Worker will provide mental health services for the Hoopeston and surrounding community. Social Worker will provide services embedded into primary care with the focus to provide opportunity for care to students in local schools.
Masters Social Work
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Illinois Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
2 years experience preferred
- Assists patients and families in understanding diagnosis, treatment options and resources available to the organization.
- Serves as a liaison in planning care between patients, families and multi-disciplinary health care providers.
- Provide educational and informational resources to patient and family to optimize resources and care.
- Complete psychosocial assessments with patients to identify expressed, implied or anticipated needs.
- Complete mandated reports of suspected abuse and/or neglect of minors, disabled adults, and seniors. Cooperate and collaborate with the investigating bodies for safe plans.
- Provide empathic listening and emotional support to patients in person.
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Educates patient and family members in a manner that overcomes barriers; matches their learning capabilities and meets fundamental needs.
- Visit notes and orders are completed and transmitted in a timely manner according to policy. Corrections to care plans are entered and transmitted according to time line.
- Facilitates and supports patient decisions and communication of self-determined life care decisions.
- Documents psychosocial patient/family assessments, financial assessment and MSW interventions within patients' electronic medical record.
- Provides care according to plan of care/orders. Develops social work plan of care in collaboration with IDT.
- Initiate Psychotherapy as warranted.
- Conduct face to face interviews and assessments with Psychiatric patients.
- Maintain information
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.