$500.00 Sign on bonus - External only
Responsible for providing care for patients including assessment, treatment, care planning and medical care evaluation by following standards and practices. Assists physicians, mid-levels and other staff in coordinating patient care.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) National Health Career Association (NHA), National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), American Allied Health (AAH) or The American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) upon hire or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) National Health Career Association (NHA), National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), American Allied Health (AAH) or The American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) upon hire.
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire.
Previous experience in the medical field a plus and medical terminology
- Cares for and assists patients as appropriate, brings patient care issues to the providers attention.
- Cleans and stocks exam rooms.
- Obtains and documents a proper intake including but no limited to patient's health history, vital signs, and health risk factors, assesses condition via MORSE fall scale or Oswestry pain scale as appropriate.
- Provides patient education materials, communicates physician advice/instructions to the patient the patient.
- Obtains patient consent for care/in office procedures.
- Sets up and assists with office surgeries and procedures including but not limited to: US injections, C-arm injections and fracture closed reductions, podiatric office procedures.
- Cast and splint application, removal and patient education.
- Dressing changes and applications with patient education. Suture and staple removal.
- Fits patients with boots, braces and other DME items as ordered by the provider. Provides patient education specific for the item.
- Prepares injections.
- Obtains all lab, imaging, op note and office visits from outside facilities. Places orders for physical therapy, imaging, lab work, etc. as ordered by the provider.
- Works closely with the provider, nursing and other staff to ensure quality patient care. Ensure patient confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Compliance with HIPAA, OSHA and Red Flag rules.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. | For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or religious exemption will be permitted.