Accountabilities and Specific Requirements:
WORK LOCATION: Anchorage
SCHEDULE: This is an Anchorage based position on an urban schedule with a 40-hour week or 9/80 work schedule.
Under general direction of the Operations Control Center Manager or Operations Director. The O&M Analyst is accountable for the following:
- Performs complex administrative as well as technical duties related to maintaining, tracking and forecasting monthly cost data for work in progress for the Operations Control Center cost center and provide to the department Business Analyst.
- Develops and oversees the SharePoint database site to assist in managing Operations activities.
- Assists in the development and coordination of work activities to include coordinating meetings with multiple internal and external participants, organizing and tracking department commitments.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive Department documents and information.
- Provides administrative support to the Department’s Electronic Document Management System.
- Distributes office mail on a daily basis.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule meetings and events on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Creates, composes and edits correspondence and other written materials as requested with accurate grammatical and formatting parameters.
- Generates financial and accounting reports, account reconciliations, and expense reports for identified staff.
- Maintains office supplies, break room supplies, office equipment, and copier room.
- Maintains and retrieves documents using the company-wide file pattern.
- Collects and publish pertinent information to the Web sites as needed.
- Handles requests from multiple sources/areas.
- Perform complex to highly complex secretarial, clerical and/or technical duties to support the Department with minimal supervision.
- Develop and manage various spreadsheets, graphs and charts to aid in tracking the status of various business activities.
- Manage the team internet pages using SharePoint.
- Interface with and support staff on a daily basis.
MINIUMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must meet or exceed these minimum job requirements to apply for this position:
- High School Diploma
- Three (3) years of related experience in providing administrative and technical support
- General knowledge and experience in office procedures and database management
- Experience with business processes in the Microsoft suite particularly Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of administrative & technical experience
- Strong record management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with internal clients
This role performs administrative and technical duties for work groups within the Engineering and Oil Movements Departments including the Operations Control Center, Analytical Laboratories, and Measurements and Scheduling. Responsibilities include preparation and distribution of complex correspondence and reports for compliance and operations, uploading technical and operational reports to company databases, revising documents and procedures, monitoring and updating employee training records, scheduling training classes, assisting with travel arrangements, supporting department meetings, and communicating within the department and across departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
TAPS SAFETY CULTURE:
- Internal & External Relations
- Interpersonal Communication
- Records Management
- Analysis & Problem Solving
- Information Management
- Job Specific Computer Expertise
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN TESTING:
- Act with Discipline
- Be prepared to work and arrive to work rested. Complete all pre-job planning steps. Complete all training and qualifications. Follow all required processes and procedures and use the right tools for the job. Complete all post-work activities.
- Take a System View
- Assess how a task can impact others, seek input, and make all necessary notifications.
- Make Sound Decision
- Involve the right people at the right time. Identify if conditions change and act accordingly.
- Learn, Improve, Innovate
- No task on TAPS is routine; be alert to emerging risks. Communicate hazards and share lessons learned from past experiences
- Speak Up, Step Up
- Alyeska fully supports the authority of every TAPS worker to speak up, take action, and stop work, regardless of role or responsibility. Participate in developing and implementing solutions.
Employment with Alyeska is contingent upon successfully passing a background investigation and, in some cases, a Physical Fitness Test and Medical Exam specific to the role for which you are applying. Alyeska also requires pre-employment urinalysis drug testing for all positions. A positive drug test makes you ineligible for employment with Alyeska and on TAPS.
Please note, Alyeska does not seek or accept any genetic information as part of the drug testing procedure or any other process that could directly or inadvertently provide genetic information (family medical history).
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION USING E-VERIFY:
- Federal Law requires all employers to verify identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Alyeska Pipeline Service Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
- The Alyeska Valdez Marine Terminal (VMT) is a regulated facility, and the employee hired to work on the VMT or to provide emergency support or other approved work for the VMT will be required to have a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). For more information about this Federal credential access the Web site listed below. The successful candidate for this job will be notified if a TWIC will be required and will then be responsible for enrolling and obtaining a TWIC prior to their hire date. http://www.tsa.gov
ALYESKA PIPELINE SERVICE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.
Alyeska Pipeline is a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace.