Accountabilities and Specific Requirements:
If you have already submitted a resume for this position, you do not need to reapply.
Under general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanical Maintenance Technician is to provide mechanical maintenance services at the Valdez Marine Terminal. The successful candidate must be willing to actively support Alyeska’s Code of Conduct and workplace expectations.
- This position is approximately 50% shop machining work and 50% field mechanic.
- The role of the Technician is to operate and maintain APSC equipment and facilities in a safe and environmentally sound manner; prepare for emergencies and maintain equipment under abnormal conditions
- Work with Operations, Engineering and Projects to ensure efficient work practices to deliver overall system reliability
- Demonstrate and promote teamwork to ensure maintenance consistency and operational continuity
- Train for and become familiar with emergency and abnormal conditions of the facility operating equipment and systems.
- Attend pre-job meetings, safety compliance training and run tool box safety meetings
- Conduct equipment parts research and ordering
- Provide technical advice, problem-solving, troubleshooting and repair recommendations
- Recognize, troubleshoot, predict and identify equipment problems
- Ensure safety and environmental compliance and participate on an emergency response team, if requested
- Respond to emergency needs or changes in priorities in the facilities and bring to completion any work
- Develop and review safe maintenance and repair procedures
- Be able to assume responsibility for a job someone else has started and take it to completion
- Obtain Technician level III qualification within 18 months of date of hire.
- Meet DOT Operator Qualification requirements within 18 months
Applicant must meet or exceed the following minimum job requirements to be considered for this position.
- High school diploma
- Minimum three (3) years direct technical work experience and proficient in the safe operation of machine shop equipment including manual lathes and milling machines.
- Working knowledge of the use of precision measuring instruments
- Able to utilize computer systems and common applications like Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel as well as computerized maintenance systems
WORK LOCATIONS & SCHEDULE:
- Ten (10 +) years’ experience as a journeyman machinist with strong mechanical background, responsible for the maintenance and repair of rotating equipment in an industrial facility including, steam turbines, centrifugal pumps, high speed and large centrifugal compressors, stationary diesel engines
- In depth experience with troubleshooting, repair, and alignment (dial and laser) of stationary rotating equipment
- Experience with troubleshooting industrial steam boilers and associated auxiliary equipment
- Possess a current CDL with the ability to drive and operate commercial motor vehicles
- Proficient in the safe operation of heavy equipment such as loaders, boom trucks and forklifts
- Working knowledge of large bore valves, valve actuators, piping systems and components
- Working knowledge with troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic systems and components
- Proficient in the reading and understanding of technical manuals, piping and instrumentations drawings, and schematics
- Able to utilize computer systems and common applications like Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel as well as computerized maintenance systems
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a high-performing team
Valdez - VMT Maintenance.
This is a non-exempt position working one (1) week on / one (1) week off schedule with a 12-hour workday. Alaska residency and Valdez residency are preferred. Individuals living away from Valdez will be held accountable for reporting to their work location on time, and for reporting as needed for unscheduled overtime. Not eligible for relocation benefit.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Development of experience and knowledge with the following equipment and systems is required of this position: stationary diesel engines, large centrifugal multi-stage vertical pumps, positive and non-positive displacement horizontal pumps, gear sets including speed reduction and right angle, replacement of large HP motors, motor bearing replacement, large and small bore valve repair and rebuilding, pump packing and mechanical seal replacement, valve actuator repair and troubleshooting, high pressure superheated steam boiler cleaning and repair, steam turbine maintenance and repair, reciprocating and rotary screw compressor maintenance and repair, hydraulic systems including pumps, actuators and accumulators.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN TESTING:
- Alyeska Pipeline Service Company (APSC) requires pre-employment drug testing utilizing hair test collections for all positions. The preferred collection site is from the head (approximately 1/2 inch of hair length necessary). Head hair testing provides an approximate 90-day window of detection that checks for drug use. In addition, for Department of Transportation covered positions, APSC will also utilize urinalysis testing. Any drug test makes you ineligible for APSC employment.
- It is important to note that APSC does not seek or accept any genetic information as part of the hair testing procedure or any other process that could directly or inadvertently provide genetic information (family medical history).
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION USING E-VERIFY:
- Federal Law requires all employers to verify identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Alyeska Pipeline Service Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
- The Alyeska Valdez Marine Terminal (VMT) is a regulated facility, and the employee hired to work on the VMT or to provide emergency support or other approved work for the VMT will be required to have a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). For more information about this Federal credential access the Web site listed below. The successful candidate for this job will be notified if a TWIC will be required and will then be responsible for enrolling and obtaining a TWIC prior to their hire date. http://www.tsa.gov
ALYESKA PIPELINE SERVICE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.
Alyeska Pipeline is a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace.