Accountabilities and Specific Requirements:
Under general direction of the Purchasing Supervisor the Procurement Specialist is accountable for the following:
- Purchasing engineered and non-engineered materials and equipment in support of all areas, companywide (i.e. warehouse, operations, maintenance etc.) for the Pipeline, Valdez and SERVS
- Leading the competitive bidding process including drafting procurement language, preparing bid packages, obtaining bids, performing evaluations (leading a cross-functional evaluation teams), and preparing award recommendations & execute purchase order agreements
- Developing and implementing formal procurement strategies depending on purchase value
- Coordinating and leading negotiations for material orders
- Serving as a liaison between Alyeska and material requesters, engineering, suppliers, and manufacturers
- Advising and coaching across the organization during procurement negotiations, implementation, dispute resolution, through closure of purchase orders
- Completing the Purchase Order commercial transaction to closure, including order expediting and documentation of PO files
- Identifying and evaluating procurement efficiencies and improvements
- Proficient in managing multiple projects and priorities with the ability to react quickly to changes in priorities, scope and/or timelines
- Ability to analyze issues, identify business impacts, legal implications and provide recommendations on strategy / approach
Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups to build value-based relationships and drive results.
Position Description - MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must meet or exceed these minimum job requirements to apply for this position.
Applicants must meet or exceed these minimum job requirements to apply for this position.
- Associate Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Law Studies, or other related discipline
- Two (2) years of related experience in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Law, or other related discipline
- Strong knowledge of commercial procurement practices and principles
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced user in Microsoft desktop productivity tools, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience with ERP or related systems
Equivalent experience may substitute for the associate degree on a year-for-year basis
- Five (5) years’ experience with purchasing of pipeline or oilfield related engineered materials requiring material certifications and/or pedigree documentation
- Demonstrated strength and functional knowledge of materials and equipment procurement
- Knowledge of legal aspects of procurement, commercial, or related field
- Transportation/logistics/expediting knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements for operation in the oil and gas industry
- Oracle procurement, inventory, and financial modules
- Certification in Procurement/Logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Purchase Order Development
- Price and Terms Negotiations
- Material Management
- Customer Service
- Contract Management
- Procurement Law
- Familiar with regulations, codes, and industry standards
- Ability to write and speak effectively and influence results
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships within the workplace
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN TESTING:
- Alyeska Pipeline Service Company (APSC) requires pre-employment drug testing utilizing hair test collections for all positions. The preferred collection site is from the head (approximately 1/2 inch of hair length necessary). Head hair testing provides an approximate 90-day window of detection that checks for drug use. In addition, for Department of Transportation covered positions, APSC will also utilize urinalysis testing. Any drug test makes you ineligible for APSC employment.
- It is important to note that APSC does not seek or accept any genetic information as part of the hair testing procedure or any other process that could directly or inadvertently provide genetic information (family medical history).
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION USING E-VERIFY:
- Federal Law requires all employers to verify identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Alyeska Pipeline Service Company participates in E-Verify.
- E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify
- The Alyeska Valdez Marine Terminal (VMT) is a regulated facility, and the employee hired to work on the VMT or to provide emergency support or other approved work for the VMT will be required to have a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). For more information about this Federal credential access the Web site listed below. The successful candidate for this job will be notified if a TWIC will be required and will then be responsible for enrolling and obtaining a TWIC prior to their hire date .http://www.tsa.gov
TAPS SAFETY CULTURE:
Act With Discipline
Be prepared to work and arrive to work rested. Complete all pre-job planning steps. Complete all training and qualifications. Follow all required processes and procedures and use the right tools for the job. Complete all post-work activities.
Take a System View
Assess how a task can impact others, seek input, and make all necessary notifications.
Make Sound Decisions
Involve the right people at the right time. Identify if conditions change and act accordingly.
Learn, Improve, Innovate
No task on TAPS is routine; be alert to emerging risks. Communicate hazards and share lessons learned from past experiences.
Speak Up, Step Up
Alyeska fully supports the authority of every TAPS worker to speak up, take action, and stop work, regardless of role or responsibility. Participate in developing and implementing solutions.
ALYESKA PIPELINE SERVICE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.
Alyeska Pipeline is a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace.