Micro-Poise Measurement Systems a business unit of AMETEK is searching for an experienced IT Help Desk Technician.
As a Help Desk Technician, the qualified candidate will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing, and upgrading hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Help Desk.
The qualified candidate must have a mix of strong technical knowledge and customer service skills, and be passionate about technology and helping people.
• Serve as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance
• Perform on-site and remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
• Process and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
• Document internal processes and procedures
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
• Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software
• Assist with on-boarding of new users
• Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
• Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
• Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
• Other duties may be added, elevated, or assigned as needed
• BS/BA in IT, Computer Science, or relevant field
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products (especially Excel and Access)
• Elevated understanding of Windows-based computer systems (Windows 7 and 10) and iOS mobile devices
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic to intermediate technical issues
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
Additional Preferred Requirements:
• 2 + years’ experience as a help desk technician or other IT support role
• Thorough understanding of ERP database schema
• Strong knowledge of the ERP systems Fourth Shift or Navision
• Report development using Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 or above
• Strong knowledge of various PLC applications (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, GE Proficy, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.