RENEWABLE ENERGY (SOLAR), HVAC, QUALITY ENGINEERING
OAK CREEK CAMPUS
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
NATURE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Dean, Technology and Applied Sciences provides overall support and assistance through the coordination of daily operations of the assigned areas: Quality Engineering and Energy Engineering Technologies, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Facilities Operations, HVAC and Power Engineering programs. Managing courses associated with programs in ECAM and the MATC Solar Farm; supervises faculty and staff; provides leadership direction and support in collaboration with the Dean; manage grant-funded initiatives; maintains program currency; develops programs and curriculum to meet the needs and interests of students, business, and the community.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Duties listed may vary in terms of relative importance and others may be added or eliminated as this position develops. Duties with a circle (•) before the number are essential functions as defined by ADA).
•1. Supervises assigned faculty and staff within the instructional division; instructs and counsels staff as appropriate; conducts faculty evaluations in accordance with established policy; monitors teacher certification; and promotes professional development of faculty.
•2. Supervises classes to ensure equitable class loads, adequate supplies and equipment, enforcement of safety measures, proper environmental conditions, etc.
•3. Coordinates the planning and development of new courses, educational services, and related programs meet established goals and objectives. Reviews and modifies existing courses and programs within assigned division to improve services.
•4. Selects, trains, counsels and supervises assigned personnel.
•5. Plans and prepares class schedules, teacher programs, and room assignments for assigned programs; provides for faculty substitution.
•6. Develops, implements, and manages annual operating budget for areas of responsibility.
•7. Develops, implements, and coordinates special projects for funded programs including preparation of proposals, projected expenditures, budget, etc.
•8. Confers with Dean to coordinate District-wide activities and functions related to areas of responsibilities.
•9. Coordinates program Advisory Committee meetings and activities.
•10. Collects and monitors data related to changing skills, new markets and developing technologies.
•11. Participates on college-wide committees.
•12. Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Supervises a large staff of faculty and support staff.
Requires a Master’s degree in a technical field. Professional level experience in an urban, multi-campus academic environment is preferred. Must be certifiable by the Wisconsin Technical College System. The combination of required education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities must demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Occupational experience totaling seven (7) years or 14,000 hours.
2. Two (2) years of occupational supervisory experience.
3. Two (2) years (four full-time or eight part-time semesters) of post-secondary teaching experience.
4. Thorough knowledge and expertise in the assigned area of supervision.
5. General knowledge of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
6. Ability to coordinate the planning, development, implementation, and revision of curricula in the area of responsibility.
7. Ability to supervise, counsel, and evaluate teachers and staff.
8. Ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, students, representatives of outside agencies, and the general public.
9. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and provide a leadership role to others.
10. Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
$79,725 - $108,108 Annually
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following:
• MATC Online Application
• Attach a copy of your college transcripts
MILWAUKEE AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Excellence through cultural diversity. MATC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages people of all racial/ethnic backgrounds to apply.