Scientific Games is dedicated to being the industry’s only global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
Our products continue to grow from proven successful brands. Scientific Games’ compelling content and proprietary solutions engage players and empower customers because of our use of cutting-edge technology, products, and content including.
• Electronic gaming machines for commercial and tribal casinos, video lottery, central determination, licensed betting office, arcade and bingo markets
• An extensive library of proprietary and licensed brand game content, that includes some of the hottest entertainment brands, designed to maximize player enjoyment and operator’s return on investment
• Innovative electronic table games, card shufflers, chip sorters, multi-terminal and multi-game configurations linked to virtual, hybrid and live games
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Join us and let’s make games!
The Digital Archivist is responsible for identifying, organizing, and archiving digital assets, including art and multimedia content. The Digital Archivist may also assist with clerical functions related to game development, assisting with English and translated game content, and maintaining tools and procedures. This role also documents and assigns metadata for future use in a Digital Asset Management system.
• Maintain and catalogue a global archive of digital game assets.
• Assist internal development teams with the proper archiving of game assets.
• Socialize best practices across the organization.
• Create database records with baseline metadata for individual digital assets.
• Maintain a globally searchable record of game themes, projects, and subjects.
• Ensure digital files are immediately accessible across the organization.
• Assist with Creative Services or other projects, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S), focus in information science or digital art preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years of professional experience in information science or digital art.
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience using project management tools such as JIRA.
• Experience working collaboratively in a team, as well as independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Familiar with digitization standards, techniques, and workflows.
• Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence or similar software.
• Familiarity with at least one foreign language, preferably French or Spanish.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Familiar with EAD, MARC, MODS, METS, and other metadata standards.
• Proven ability to maintain archiving standards in a fast-paced production environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members in different areas and departments within the organization.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.