Assist in the management of the life-cycle of in-game mechanics and features by projecting revenue impact through data and statistical methods, communicating KPI trends to stakeholders, conducting A/B tests to isolate the impact of individual features, and evaluate the results of these tests. Work with other Product Managers and Analysts to assist in providing a complete analysis of each element of an individual product to drive revenue and meet the product goals. This internship will be 6 months with possibility for extension
Essential Job Functions:
• Review daily KPIs using Custom Dashboard and DataMine queries and proactively identify and communicate opportunities, trends, and threats to the product
• Review weekly reports on the performance of current experiments, evaluate results and make recommendations to Senior Product Managers.
• Create statistical models to predict the revenue and population impacts of in-game mechanics
• Work with Design and Producers to create and approve technical spec sheets to outline necessary requirements for future features and iterations
• Assist other Product Managers to create accurate ROI estimates based on revenue impacts and development cost
• Design and initiate comprehensive testing strategies for features that will be tested in-game
• Maintain an up-to-date evaluation of notable social/mobile/casino competitors.
Education: Currently working toward BA, MBA preferred.
• Experience in Gaming, Social/Mobile, Casino preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• SQL and Data-mining experience
• Expert Excel Skills
• Strong understanding of statistical significance in datasets.
• Understanding of forecasting and statistical modeling
• Agile/Scrum software development experience is a plus
• Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
• Ability to develop positive relationships and communicate effectively with Developers, QA, Analysts and Producers.
• Excellent Organizational skills
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.