The person in this position is responsible for directly assisting a team of experienced developers who are responsible for creating and modifying software for casino and lottery gaming platforms. They will be responsible for a variety of software, hardware and mathematical related tasks as well as obtaining working knowledge and experience with organized software development and the Scientific Gaming code base and tools.
Essential Job Functions:
• Physical installation and setup of Gaming Cabinets including software installation.
• Writing and installation of firmware chips.
• Testing and reviewing code created by developers.
• Creation and maintenance of development tools.
• Basic software debugging using debugging tools.
• Math testing and verification using simulation tools and excel sheets.
• Research and education of the Scientific Gaming codebase.
• Basic software development.
Special Restrictions and Qualifications:
• Must be able to acquire and hold a Nevada Gaming Card. (Requires being at least 21 years of age at time of employment).
• Part time position.
Training and/or Experience:
• At least two years of experience coding in C++.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experienced in C++
• Use of debuggers including GDB.
• Microsoft Excel or Open Office Spreadsheet
• Understanding of basic probability and statistics.
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of Bash, Perl or Python scripting a plus.
• At least 2 years of experience working towards a Computer Science degree.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.