The Technical Artist serves as a translator between art and engineering, working closely with the game studio artists and engineers to ensure that the player-facing vision for the game is achieved. Other duties include managing and improving the content creation pipeline, coaching game artists on asset implementation, and staying current on game industry tools and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
• Implement art assets in Unity.
• Identify and solve technical issues related to the art pipeline.
• Provide artists with technical feedback to ensure the creation of optimized assets.
• Document and evangelize best practices.
• Suggest (or create) tools and scripts to optimize Unity workflow.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Art, Related Field, or Equivalent Experience.
• 1-2 years of game development experience with Unity.
• Game Development experience within a studio environment a plus.
• Working knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics (After Effects and 3DsMax, or equivalent).
• Working knowledge of Unreal or equivalent game engines a plus.
• Familiar with versioning software i.e. Perforce (Preferred), CVS, Alien Brain or similar.
• Experience creating motion graphics or animations (must have samples).
• Experience working under tight deadlines.
• Familiar with particle systems (Unity or equivalent).
• Exposure to scripting languages such as C#, JS, MEL, or Python.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Photoshop, and After Effects.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel and Outlook.
• Familiarity with 3D Studio Max (3DSMAX) or other 3D software.
• Understanding of UI / UX principles across various platforms.
• Self-motivated and able to work on multiple projects with minimal direction.
• Experience playing video games, slot games.
• Ability to model and animate in 3D software (3DSMax, Maya, Modo).
• Experience with using real-time Shaders.
Vision: Please list all that apply: Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish Colors ALL
Physical Requirements: - Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.