The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30 years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Patternmaker. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Compare patterns between in-house and overseas patterns with sample and check grading if necessary
- Plot out computer patterns for cutting and update cutters
- Assist Patternmakers so that they can focus on producing patterns
- Prepare a cutter’s must (reference tool that contains a list of garment pieces/components, trims and garment construction information to make the garment) for cutter and sample makers.
- Prioritize workload based on Design and calendar dates
- Work regularly with Designers, sample cutters and sample makers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Tech Design is a plus
- Computer Patternmaking course(s) and minimum 3 years work experience handling various types of garments and fabrics.
- Knowledge utilizing Gerber CAD Systems is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.