The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30 years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Menswear Jacket's Samplemaker. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicating with Floor supervisor, cutters, patternmakers to insure the garments are sewing correctly with attention to details.
- Applying all finishing detail of garments, (buttons, snaps, top stitching, pic stitching, hardware)
- Operate various specialty machines ( button-hole, Key-hole, snap, cover stitch, marrow and blind stitch)
- Press all finished garments eliminating wrinkles, adding crease as required without hard pressing.
- Reading/comprehending cutter must for garment construction and details
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five or more years of sewing experience handing various types of garments and fabrics.
- Experience operating various specialty machines (marrow, blind stitch, cover stitch, buttonhole and key hole)
- Extensive hand finish experience with full Canvas fronts, and button holes
- Bespoke experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.