The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30 years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Customs Compliance Coordinator. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be the go-to person for internal/external associates for problem solving, solution seeking and improvements to system and processes.
- Accurately assign Harmonized Tariff numbers and maintains all support backup for U.S. Customs on all imported styles and notify the overseas agents and customs brokers on a timely basis.
- Works closely with production/costing and product development to identify and obtain samples for review of items that require classification.
- Works closely with Customs House Brokers including courier shipments to resolve classification issues.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining Kaspers Custom’s policies and procedures. Includes adjusting the desktop procedures for any rules and regulations established by Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Review reports/databases at purchase order level and shipment level to ensure that Free on Board (F.O.B.) price of the product, accessory and hanger values are correct, that the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification are complete for main product and the accessory; and that other Partnering Government Agencies (PGA’s) detail is accurate by coordinating the more complicated aspects of the business with production, vendors/agents and Customs Brokers.
- Purchase orders to be reviewed and issues resolved in timely manner prior to shipment by vendor. Shipment reports need to be reviewed and issues resolved in timely manner prior to releasing the electronic data to the Customs Broker, avoid delays in customs clearance because of incomplete or inaccurate data.
- Communicate with production coordinators and managers to resolve problems with missing or inaccurate detail on the purchase orders.
- Communicate with Kasper vendors/agents to resolve problems. i.e. FOB pricing on invoice does not match the price on the purchase order; belt is included on purchase order however no mention on the shipment invoice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree or 2 years equivalent experience.
- Experience with Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States
- Experience with importing/Customs Compliance
- Experience with Customs entry process
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi task
- Excel, Microsoft office packages (email/ word)
- SAP preferred
- Log-Net preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.